Assignment Choice #2: Stock Redemptions
For this assignment, read the scenario below and then evaluate the impact of the stock redemption.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Adams, Inc. is a family-owned business that has one class of stock. There are 600 shares allocated equally to Al Adams, Bev Adams, Curt Adams, Derek Adams, Elroy Adams and Fred Murray. Fred is not related to the Adams family. He would like to sell has shares back to Adams, Inc. Fred’s shares have a FMV of $200,000 and a tax basis of $50,000. The redemption is planned for December 31.
- Is it possible to determine if there will be a dividend or capital gain from the information provided? If so, calculate it. If not, what information would you need?
- Would this transaction meet the three IRS change in stock ownership tests? Explain each test and the results.
- Under what circumstances would Fred be deemed to have constructive ownership of more than 100 shares?
Back up your discussion with research from two scholarly sources (you may not use the course textbook to fulfill this requirement).
- Your responses to the questions above as well as your analysis should be 4-5 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.