Module 3 – SLP
CHANGE-ORIENTED LEADERSHIP: TRANSFORMATIONAL AND CHARISMATIC LEADERS
For the Module 3 SLP you will again be applying the concepts from the background materials to your own personal experiences. You can write about the same supervisor you wrote about in Modules 1 and 2, or choose a different supervisor that you worked with and got to know well.
Carefully review the concepts and definitions of charismatic, transformational, and transactional leadership. Then write a two- to three-page paper addressing the following issues, using specific examples from your personal experiences. Make sure to cite at least three of the required textbook readings for your answer:
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a charismatic leader as defined and discussed in the background readings?
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a transformational leader?
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a transactional leader?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide”, which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.