Assignment 2: FLSA Analysis
For this assignment, you will be researching the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For the first section of your paper:
- Assess the main features of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Compare the definitions of exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Evaluate at least three criteria that differentiate an exempt and nonexempt employee.
In spring 2014, President Obama sent a memo to the US Department of Labor (DOL) Secretary directing reform of FLSA to address white collar exemptions and, effectively, increase the number of employees entitled to overtime pay. Some changes have been approved and became effective as of December 2016. Research some of the revisions the DOL adopted such as an increase in minimum salary requirements and changes to the current “primary duty” test.
For the second section of your paper:
- Analyze how the modifications differ from the 1938 law and how the status of exempt and nonexempt employees might be altered by the changes.
- Analyze some of the controversies and objections associated with these modifications, and justify your view whether these changes benefit employees or the employer and whether you prefer the previous FLSA law or the changes.