In a hotel, the front desk is considered the heart of hotel operations. Generally, all hotel guests have some form of contact with the front desk whether they are booking a room, checking in / out, calling on the phone, registering complaints, and / or requesting information. An effective and efficiently operated front desk is very important to the financial success of a hotel.
For this assignment, you are going to conduct a research study on front desk operations and its impact on the financial success of the hotel
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief history of how front desk operations have evolved over the last 25 years, including how tasks have changed, evolved, and / or disappeared.
- Provide a step-by-step approach for front desk agents in taking a hotel room reservation for a guest. For each step, describe the actions required, necessary information collected, and the purpose of collecting this information. Finally, document a hypothetical script for a front desk agent to follow when taking a hotel room reservation for a guest (either over the phone or in person).
- Discuss the importance of front desk agents providing excellent guest service for all hotel guests, and how poor guest service can impact hotel operations and hotel profits.
- Determine what roles play in the safety of their guests and the procedures the front desk should follow in order to protect the hotel guests.
- Determine the financial impact of front desk agents NOT effectively managing the billing and guest folio process in a hotel. Provide two (2) detailed examples of mismanagement of billing and guest folio process, and its impact on hotel finances.
- Use at least three (3) quality references