This question multiple choice it is come for the exam I need answer all of them ). Respond to the questions/prompts that follow in order to prepare for the exam.
- To calculate the amount of reserves that a commercial bank is required to hold, simply do the following:
- What does the term “fractional” in “fractional reserve system” mean with regard to the nature of the modern banking system and the supply of money?
- Vault cash, property, and stock shares are all _____________ to a commercial bank.
- Why does the demand for money increase with an increase in nominal GDP?
- Explain how granting a bank loan creates money and repaying a bank loan eliminates money in the real sector.
- What is the cost associated with holding money?
- Do banks create money when they buy government bonds from or when they sell bonds to households?
- What is the market in which banks borrow reserves from one another on an overnight basis?
- How does a bank calculate its excess reserves?
- What happens to the total demand for money when interest rates increase? What happens to the total demand for money when interest rates decrease?
- What is the Fed trying to do when it increases the Fed Funds rate? What about when the rate is decreased?
- Explain how changing the reserve ratio can be used to both expand and reduce the supply of money. How often is the reserve ratio changed?
- Is the Fed likely buy or sell bonds in the event of excess inflation?
- Which tool of monetary policy does the Fed often use to manipulate the reserves held by commercial banks?
- In the United States, what entity conducts monetary policy?
- Which unit within the Fed conducts open-market operations?
- Using the terms “employment” and “inflation,” write one sentence describing the general goal of the Fed.
- What are the three functions of money?
- Paper currency and modern coinage are “token money.” What does this mean?
- What was TARP and what was the aim of the Fed in creating the program?
- How do credit and debit cards differ?
- Why are bank panics very rare (virtually non-existent) in the recent history of the US?
- Procedurally, how does one become a member of the Fed’s Board of Governors?
- What “backs” the money supply in the US?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 15% Discount! Use Code "FIRST15"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now