- For this exercise you are asked to interview one or more individuals in regard to a problem in the workplace that is in need of resolution. The workplace can be your own organization or that of friend or family member or acquaintance. Remember to conduct the interview as a potential consultant on the particular issue. Complete the following tasks prior to writing your initial post.
- Identify a presenting problem or issue in the workplace you have selected.
- Select an interviewee(s).
- Based on your preliminary understanding of the problematic situation, scan the 16 dimensions (and associated questions) provided in the textbook on pages 207-209. Select the questions that are most relevant for the situation. As noted by Block (2011), you wouldn’t use all of the questions. Length of this assignment will also necessarily limit the depth of findings to be revealed in this discussion forum. Still, “asking any two or three of the questions will give you data on a lot of the rest [of the dimensions/questions]” (Block, 2011, p. 209).
- Interview the candidate(s) using the selected questions.
- Navigate to the Flawless Consulting: Presenting the Picture and Feedback discussion thread below to provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking.
- Introduction. Identify the organization, the individual(s) interviewed, role(s) in the organization, and the issue being addressed.
- Interview Question Selection. Identify the interview questions used and any others that arose during the interview process.
- Getting the Picture. Produce a picture of what is happening to create problems for the “client” or to document what is a future possibility from the interview responses. Speak to the goal of this assignment: “Your goal is to understand something about how this organization functions so that you will understand how it will manage the implementation of your recommendations” (Block, 2011, p. 207).
- Reflection on the Process. Reflect on the process of developing your skills in collecting information more directly.
- Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Block, P. (2011. Flawless consulting: A guide to getting your expertise used (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer. ISBN: 978-0-470-62074-8 (b) one HR academic journal article that is at least 3-5 pages in length and published within the last 3-5 years.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now