Although studying theory might seem to be an effort separate ( e.g. professional activities) good theories emerge from assessing practice. Accordingly, theories can possess some usefulness in prescribing positive actions for leaders and organizations. Accordingly, theories can possess some usefulness in prescribing positive actions for leaders and organizations.
Assume you are the manager of a department in an organization. Select two of the theories you learned about this week that you believe will be most useful in managing your staff. ( Be sure to review the supplemental reading as well). Select different theories or different combinations of theories than you classmates select.
Address the following:
– Assess why you find two theories you select most practical or helpful.
– Evaluate how the two theories might interact with each other.
– Analyze whether you anticipate needing different motivational methods applying you selected theories according to the ages, races, national origins, cultures, genders, and educational backgrounds of your subordinates. Provide appropriate citations to your conclusions.
– Justify three best practices that emerge from you selected theories ( three best practices total. You do not need three best practices for each theory).
– The final paragraph ( three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
– Your posting should be the equivalent of 1 to 2 single spaced pages ( 500- 1000 words) in length.
– Quality of initial posting
– Writing mechanic (spelling, grammar, APA style) and information literacy