You are the new owner of Drespie Corn Products and Refineries. You are interested in your company’s cost and revenue relationships as well as its future pricing strategies. Accordingly, you have developed the following relationships, which you believe to be accurate on the basis of historical data: P= $50 – $0.005Q TC= $ 73,500 + $6Q + $0.0006Q(2) MR = $50 – $0.01Q MC= $6 – $0.0012Q
Where P is the price, Q the quantity, TC the total cost, MC the marginal costs, and MR the marginal revenue.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Using the Microsoft Excel Template given below, complete all data in the template.
2. Use the following formula to calculate the profit-maximizing point: MR – MC = 0. Explain your answer.
3. Using the equation for MR (given below), calculate the revenue – maximizing level of output. Explain your answer.
MR = $50 – $0.01 Q = 0
4. What is the difference between the output level where the total profit is maximized and the output level where the total revenue (TR) is maximized?
What is the significance of these two values in the decision-making process?
5. Using Microsoft Excel, graph the data in the completed Template given below. Using the graph, identify the point where the total profit is maximized and the point where the TR is maximized. Explain your answers.
– Compile your calculations and graph in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet named as SU-MBA5004-W2-lastName-FirstInitial.xls and your analysis in a Microsoft Word document named as SU-MBA5004-W2-A2-LastName-FirstInitial.doc.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Performed all necessary calculations by accurately applying theoretical concepts.
Accurately completed the template and presented data in a correctly designed graph.
Interpreted results of calculations by applying theoretical concepts.
Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Formatted the paper and cited all sources using APA format.