Assess the Draft Training Proposal and peer feedback you received in Week Two, Below is week 2 and finalize the topic and objectives for your training program. In a 22- to 25-slide PowerPoint presentation, not including the title and references slides:
- Conduct a needs assessment for your proposed training program. This should include both a person and a task analysis.
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) training objectives based on the needs assessment and any assumptions you may need to make.
- Create an original, detailed training proposal. This should include:
- A title and description of the program.
- A discussion of training methods to be used, and a rationale (justification) for using them, based on training theory.
- Proposed instructors and the reason for using them.
- A tentative training outline.
- A tentative list and description of training materials needed.
- Develop a plan for evaluation of training effectiveness including both short-term and long-term evaluation where appropriate.
Your presentation must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Support your work with cited sources from the textbook and at least three additional scholarly sources.
Sumter Financial is a small company that is trying to improve their customer services and collections skills.There are not many employees at Sumter Financial so it is very important that everyone is motivated and trained properly.It is very important that everyone is on the same team to avoid errors or problems.One person could affect the whole company if they do not do their job correctly.Training and development can also be used to inspire employees, improve their attitudes, and energize them when they must perform under stress (Youssef-Morgan & Stark, 2014).That is why I am going to go into complete detail with the employees so that everyone is on the same page and there is no miscommunication or problems.
It is good to have a system and plan when you are doing training and development.It helps to know that your employees are motivated and ready to achieve their goals for the company and they will not be able to do that unless they are trained properly.S.M.A.R.T will allow the employee to have a full training session that will be able to motivate them and show them everything that they need to know.Sumter financial needs to fill some gaps that they have in training so it is good to have everyone trained at the same time and go through everything step by step so everyone is trained properly.Then go over the goals and motivation tactics to help everyone to strived to reach the companies goals.The employee will be trained on all areas to make sure that the training is successful.Know what activities you need to work smart in. Systematizing and managing activities are irrelevant if you do not know what facets of your business you need to manage (Finley, 2010).
S – Specific: Sumter Financial Customer Services and Collections
M – Measurable: Customer services on Credex maintaining the relationship with the customers and making sure collections are met and reports are done
A – Attainable: Must have a minimum of 50 new loans as well as collections remains at 4%.
R – Realistic: As long as you follow the process you can reach these goals with new loans as well as collections.This is just a minimum requirement with no problem going above the goals.
T – Timely: The process should take no longer than one week to fully properly train an employee.If it takes longer that is no problem as long as the employee is fully trained.
Finley, D. C. (2010). The Secret to Working S.M.A.R.T. Journal Of Financial Planning, 14-15.
Youssef-Morgan, C. M., & Stark, E. (2014). Strategic human resource management: Concepts, controversies, and evidence-based applications. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.