Please answer the following questions below, based on the assigned readings and Powerpoint presentation. Submit your assignment through the Assignment option on Blackboard. Each question is worth 5 points (40 points total for the assignment). Make sure to answer each question completely, and in full sentences. Remember, detail matters!
- Explain the differences between the Hollywood detective and the realities of detective work. Use examples to illustrate.
- Explain why crimes against persons are typically the easiest to solve and why crimes against property are typically the most difficult to solve. Use examples to illustrate.
- Undercover police work presents a number of special problems for the police. Explain two of those problems. Use examples to illustrate.
- What are the four different tactics used in the supply reduction strategy of drug enforcement? Use examples to illustrate.
- Explain the Broken Windows theory.
- What were the major obstacles to the implementation of the CAPS program?
- Explain the four-stage process of SARA. Use examples to illustrate.
- What is social network analysis (SNA)? Explain how SNA was used by the Glendale Police Department in their Targeted Offender strategy?