Intel Inc. is the pioneer in the manufacture of microprocessors for computers. The company’s fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 31. On 4/1/2015, Intel Issued $5,000,000 of 11% Bonds due in 10 years. The interest is payable annually on April 1. The market rate of interest on that date for bonds of similar risk is 10%.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Prepare the journal entry for the issuance of the bonds and on the first interest payment date.
Use the Excel Template linked at the bottom of this page to prepare an amortization schedule for the bonds. Any written comments should be included in Excel’s comments function and formatted according to APA writing requirments
Presented below is the stockholders’ equity section of AMR Corporation. All amounts are in millions except for number of shares and par value.
Stockholders’ Equity (Deficit)
Preferred stock – 20,000,000 shares authorized; none issued
Common stock – $1 par value; 750,000,000 shares authorized; 182,350,259 shares issued
Additional paid-in capital
Treasury shares at cost: current year-21,194,312; prior year-22,768,027
Accumulated other comprehensive loss
- Explain why the common stock is classified as part of the stockholders’ equity.
- Explain why treasury stock is not classified as an asset.
- Explain what is meant by “Accumulated other comprehensive loss.”
- Why is the accumulated deficit larger in the current year than in the prior year?
- Compute book value per share for AMR for the current year.