PurposeClear identification of the problem or opportunity is the first step in evidence-based nursing. In a previous course, you identified a practice problem of interest and developed a PICOT question. This assignment is a review of PICOT with the opportunity to revise or refine it. You will post your PICOT in the Week 1 Discussion for your classmates to review and provide feedback.Due date: Sunday at 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 1Students are given the opportunity to request an extension on assignments for emergent situations. Supporting documentation must be submitted to the assigned faculty. If the student’s request is not approved, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows:Monday = 10% of total possible point reductionTuesday = 20% of total possible point reductionWednesday = 30% of total possible point reductionIf the student’s request is approved, the student will be informed of the revised due date. Should the student fail to meet the revised due date, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows:Monday = 10% of total possible point reductionTuesday = 20% of total possible point reductionWednesday = 30% of total possible point reductionCourse OutcomesThis assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcome (CO):CO 2: Using current knowledge, standards of practice, and research from evidence-based literature, synthesize a foundation for the nurse executive role. (PO 3,4)Total Points Possible: 50RequirementsDescription of the AssignmentUse the PICOT worksheet found above to complete the Week 1 Assignment PICOT Worksheet.Step 1: State your PICOT question. This should be the PICOT question that you previously developed in NR505 and which you should have continued to build upon in the Nurse Executive track courses. If your PICOT question has changed since NR505, please note the changes in this section so it’s clear to the instructor what was original and what has been updated.Step 2: Clearly define your PICOT question. List each element: P (problem, population, or problem), I (intervention), C (comparison with other treatment or current practice), O (desired outcome), and T (time frame). Is the potential solution something for which you (as nurse or student) can find a solution through evidence research? Look in your book for guidelines to developing your PICOT question and also read the required articles.Step 3: Describe the issue or problem that will be the focus of your CGE evidence-based practice change project. What have you noticed in your work or school environment that isn’t achieving the desired patient or learning outcomes? What needs to change in nursing, what can you change with the support of evidence in the literature?Step 4: How was the practice issue identified? How did you come to know this was a problem in your clinical practice? Review the listed concerns and check all that apply.Step 5: What terms did you use in order to make sure your search is wide enough to obtain required information but narrow enough to keep it focused? How will you narrow your search if needed?Criteria for ContentAccess the PICOT worksheet found above.Follow the instructions on the PICOT worksheet and complete the form.Submit the completed PICOT worksheet form.Example 1What is the PICO(T) question?Will influenza immunization compliancy rates increase if flu clinics are provided in flu PODS and immunization clinics at convenient times that cover all shifts?Define each element of the question below.P (patient, population, or problem): Require hospital employees and volunteers to have the influenza immunization annually.I (intervention): Offer multiple flu PODS and immunization clinics to hospital employees and volunteers, making it convenient to receive the required immunization. Offer these at a variety of times, available to all shifts.C (comparison with other treatment or current practice): Compare analytics showing employees and volunteers who received flu shots prior to 2016, when flu PODS and immunization clinics were not offered, to 2016, when flu PODS and immunization clinics are offered to accommodate shifts. Track the number of employees or volunteers coming at each time frame.O (desired outcome): The desired outcome is increased employees and volunteer compliance with the flu shot policy.Example 2What is the PICO(T) question?For nondiabetic patients on corticosteroid therapy, does monitoring for headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and blurred vision hourly versus not observing for signs of hyperglycemia promote improvement of pulmonary complications?Define each element of the question below.P (patient, population, or problem): nondiabetic patients on corticosteroid therapyI (intervention): monitoring for headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and blurred visionC (comparison with other treatment or current practice): no observations for signs of hyperglycemiaO (Desired outcome): improvement of pulmonary complicationsT (time): 90 days
Our writing company offers a unique service in different types of assignments. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
REACH US ON
+1 (916) 407- 2506