Assignment 4: Basics of Legal Research, Part 1
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Per the text, computers are playing an increasingly important role in the practice of law. Successful paralegals must be comfortable with using electronic databases and research tools.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss a paralegal’s ethical obligation to conduct competent electronic research. Provide two (2) examples of the potential consequences of inept electronic research practices.
- Determine whether or not traditional reference materials (e.g., State and Federal Reporters, West’s Encyclopedia, etc.) can be as current as electronic resources. Provide two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages to using traditional resource materials.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop effective research strategies, and conduct effective and efficient research using conventional sources, the Internet, and computer-assisted legal research.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in legal research and writing.
- Write clearly and concisely about legal research and writing using proper writing mechanics.