As you expected, many of the older project managers at ADC are not happy that you are going to coordinate the procurement process for the scheduling tool. These project managers believe that their years of experience make them exempt from following proper project management guidelines. Therefore, you need to present benefits of using a procurement process and the negative consequences of not using a procurement process.
Start by reviewing Web resources to develop your understanding of how procurement and contract management fit in to the project management life cycle.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
write 700–950 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Use the library to select a case study with regard to procurement and project management.
- The selected case study should address how a lack of control over procurement adversely affected the project.
- Address the following questions using your selected case study as support.
- In your opinion, why was the lack of procurement detrimental to the project in your case study?
- What steps could have been taken to prevent the problems from the beginning of the project?
- What would you have done to correct the project once problems had already arisen? Why?
- Provide 1 example of a time when you feel that you successfully performed procurement activities. Explain why you think it was successful.
Your manager has asked you to follow up your discussion with a presentation outlining how the procurement process would integrate with the rest of the project and how you plan to develop your procurement activities.Assignment Guidelines
- Create a PowerPoint presentation of 7–10 slides for your manager that addresses the following:
- How will your procurement process integrate with the rest of the project?
- Why do you feel that this will allow for a successful project?
- What procurement management processes will you use within your plan? Why?
- What are 2 potential types of contracts that you would consider for this project?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- Your PowerPoint should be 7–10 slides (not including title, reference, and introductory slides) with speaker notes of 150–200 words for each slide.
- You must reference A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)—Fifth Edition within your presentation.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.