Part 1: 400-600 words
Role of Project Management
In the race for a competitive advantage, today’s organizations are often tasked with multiple large in-house and outsourcing responsibilities when it comes to project management.
- Read the brief history of project management from this Web site.
- Then, respond to the following:
- Explain what project management is, and how it evolved over time.
- Explain at least 1 thing that has surprised you about the field of project management.
Haughey, D. (2013, April 21). A brief history of project management. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/brief-history-of-pro…
Project Management Life Cycle
Primary Task Response: write 300–400 words
Research the project management process groups and the project life cycle structure in the PMBOK® Guide, then respond to the following:
- When starting a project, why would a project charter, as described in the PMBOK® Guide Develop Project Charter Process of the Initiating Process Group, be important?
- What is the purpose of the scope statement produced during the Define Scope process of planning the project?
- Explain how the project management process groups are similar to, yet different from, the project life cycle structure.