Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/topgsnkq/myessaydesk.com/wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/function-set-avia-frontend.php on line 637
For this week’s Assignment you will be creating a hypothetical case assessment in your area of interest involving a client presenting with an issue that merits an adult (18 years – 70 years) personality assessment.
Write a minimum 10-page essay incorporating the following elements:
- Include the following demographic and personal information: fictional name, age, marital status, number of children, educational level, income level, and relevant medical history. Describe clearly the nature of the client’s presenting problem (e.g., consideration of inpatient substance abuse treatment, a candidate for successful completion of a behavior analysis/application program, or a patient with a psychiatric diagnosis, etc.).
- Explain the initial problem in sufficient detail to make clear your decisions regarding assessment.
Based on the above, answer the following questions in essay format:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What would be the most appropriate instrument in personality assessment for evaluating the primary presenting problem?
- What are the strengths regarding what this instrument can tell us about the client?
- Why is this the most appropriate instrument? (Be sure to include appropriate reference to source materials.)
- What are the limitations of what this instrument can tell us about the client?
- Discuss some of the concerns or issues that might arise in a workplace setting with an individual that has this personality disorder. Elaborate on how this disorder could affect the workplace culture/climate in regards to behavior, interpersonal and group interactions, and productivity.
- In your discussion of the assessment process, including administration and interpretation, consider professional competencies that reflect the professional characteristics, culture of a given work setting and how these practices are essential to an effective multicultural competency environment.
Select an adult personality test – (four) websites for psychological test databases are provided on page 30 of your textbook. Discuss what type of data the test provides and how you might use this particular test to assess a client.
Along with the text, and the four articles listed below, locate an additional two peer reviewed journal articles. (7 total references)
Note: Find a test measuring a construct in your area of interest; do not purchase a review of any test. You will use the websites to look up the name and brief description of a test and then conduct further research on your own about this test.
Read the following articles which are accessible through the following Library links:
Fine, S. (2013). Practical guidelines for implementing preemployment integrity tests. Public Personnel Management, 42(2), 281-292. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=88923808&site=eds-live
Discuss the following in essay format: Address the purpose of preemployment integrity testing.
- Describe the primary purpose many organizations include integrity testing during the hiring process of new employees.
- Describe the differences between overt integrity tests and personality-based integrity tests, including when an organization would choose one over the other type.
- Discuss the guidance the author provides in regards to fairness and adverse impact from integrity tests.
Meyer, G. J., & Kurtz, J. E. (2006). Advancing personality assessment terminology: Time to retire objective and projective as personality test descriptors. Journal of Personality Assessment, 87(3), 223-225. Retrieved from
Discuss the following in essay format: Address the historical use of the terms objective and projective to classify a personality test, as well as problems with such classification.
Naugle, K. (2009). Counseling and testing: What counselors need to know about state laws on assessment and testing. Measurement & Evaluation In Counseling & Development, 42(1), 31-45. Retrieved from
Discuss the following in essay format: Review the local laws on assessment and testing, using a comparison between licensed and nonlicensed professionals.
- Discuss how psychological test publishing companies monitor the competencies of those who purchase and utilize assessment instruments they sell.
- Using Table 2 – Assessment Legislation via a State-by-State Basis (pgs. 38-39), look up your home state and describe what types of assessment activities the legislation allows a counselor to engage in.
- Describe why the authors contend that professionals who possess the appropriate coursework, experience and supervision, but are not licensed psychiatrists or psychologists, are being discriminated against when it comes to laws regarding psychological testing.
Scroggins, W., Thomas, S., & Morris, J. (2008). Psychological testing in personnel selection, part I: A century of psychological testing. Public Personnel Management, 37(1), 99-109. Retrieved from
Discuss the following in essay format: Review prior and local hiring practices and the challenges with using personality testing.
- Why had many industrial psychologists traditionally rejected the use of personality testing while many human resources manager maintain an optimistic and enduring faith in the ability of them to discriminate between good and poor job candidates?
- Discuss how military psychology and the role of psychological services were considered essential to the nation’s defense efforts during World War II?
- Describe three ways in which the use of personality tests in employment selection is considered controversial?
The assignment should:
- Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
- Be a minimum of 10 pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).