The overall goal of the Session Long Project in this course is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a personal perspective and provide recommendations for improvement.
The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC), is an independent congressional agency established by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 to advise the U.S. Congress on issues affecting the Medicare Program. In addition to advising the Congress on payments to health plans participating in the Medicare Advantage program and providers in Medicare’s traditional fee-for-service program, MedPAC is also tasked with analyzing access to care, quality of care, and other issues affecting Medicare.
Access and review the Executive Summary (pages xi-xx) of MedPAC’s Report to the Congress (2017):
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
MedPAC. (2017). Report to the Congress: Medicare and the Health Care Delivery System. Retrieved from http://www.medpac.gov/docs/default-source/reports/jun17_reporttocongress_sec.pdf
The executive summary provides several brief health care delivery recommendations in regard to the Medicare program. Additional information for each recommendation can be found throughout the document.
For your final SLP project, identify three MedPAC recommendations to Congress and complete the following in 3-page paper:
- Discuss each selected recommendation in detail.
- Provide rationale of their importance and associated impact in health care delivery.
- Hypothesize an outcome for each selected recommendation.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3-4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.