Sunshine Smoothies Company (SSC) manufactures and distributes smoothies. SSC is considering the development of a new line of high-protein energy smoothies. SSC’s CFO has collected the following information regarding the proposed project, which is expected to last 3 years:The project can be operated at the company’s Charleston plant, which is currently vacant.The project will require that the company spend $4.9 million today (t = 0) to purchase additional equipment. For tax purposes the equipment will be depreciated on a straight-line basis over 5 years. Thus, the firm’s annual depreciation expense is $4,900,000/5 = $980,000. The company plans to use the equipment for all 3 years of the project. At t = 3 (which is the project’s last year of operation), the equipment is expected to be sold for $2,300,000 before taxes.The project will require an increase in net operating working capital of $650,000 at t = 0. The cost of the working capital will be fully recovered at t = 3 (which is the project’s last year of operation).Expected high-protein energy smoothie sales are as follows:YearSales1$2,400,00027,850,00033,500,000The project’s annual operating costs (excluding depreciation) are expected to be 60% of sales.The company’s tax rate is 40%.The company is extremely profitable; so if any losses are incurred from the high-protein energy smoothie project they can be used to partially offset taxes paid on the company’s other projects. (That is, assume that if there are any tax credits related to this project they can be used in the year they occur.)The project has a WACC = 10.0%.What is the project’s expected NPV and IRR? Round your answers to 2 decimal places. Do not round your intermediate calculations.NPV$ [removed]IRR[removed] %SSC is considering another project: the introduction of a “weight loss” smoothie. The project would require a $3 million investment outlay today (t = 0). The after-tax cash flows would depend on whether the weight loss smoothie is well received by consumers. There is a 40% chance that demand will be good, in which case the project will produce after-tax cash flows of $2.2 million at the end of each of the next 3 years. There is a 60% chance that demand will be poor, in which case the after-tax cash flows will be $0.52 million for 3 years. The project is riskier than the firm’s other projects, so it has a WACC of 11%. The firm will know if the project is successful after receiving the cash flows the first year, and after receiving the first year’s cash flows it will have the option to abandon the project. If the firm decides to abandon the project the company will not receive any cash flows after t = 1, but it will be able to sell the assets related to the project for $2.8 million after taxes at t = 1. Assuming the company has an option to abandon the project, what is the expected NPV of the project today? Round your answer to 2 decimal places. Do not round your intermediate calculations. Use the values in “millions of dollars” to ascertain the answer.$ [removed] millions of dollarsHide FeedbackShow All FeedbackIncorrectCheck My Work FeedbackLay out cash flows on a timeline.Include the probability if demand is good with the applicable cash flows as one branch.Include the probability if demand is bad with the applicable cash flows as the second branch.Calculate the NPV of each branch, weight the NPVs and sum the weighted NPVs.Lay out cash flows on a timeline for the abandonment option.Calculate the NPV of each branch, weight the NPVs and sum the weighted NPVs.The higher positive NPV is the choice that should be accepted.Post Submission FeedbackSolutionHide FeedbackShow All FeedbackCheck My Work FeedbackPost Submission FeedbackSolution
Our writing company offers a unique service in different types of assignments. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations. It can be used for generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project, additional insight into the subject, or encouragement for further researches.
REACH US ON
+1 (916) 407- 2506