Hello, please see the below:
- Barrier #1: Failure to See. Based on your personal experience and/or research about Marriot Hotel (including recent news articles if applicable), identify the way(s) the company has failed to see a need for change and explain how it has held on to past mental maps.
- Stage 2: The Change Dilemma. Determine if the environmental shift(s) causing ‘the right thing to do to become the wrong thing to do,’ is because something happened or is happening to the company (i.e., “happened to us”) or because the company did something or is doing something (i.e., “came from us”). Explain. Include lessons learned.
- Contrast and Confrontation. To provide a new mental map for the company executives, complete the following:
- Create a “Contrast Codification Tool” using either Figure 3.3 ‘GeneQ’s old and new maps’ (the recommended imagery model) or Table 3.3 ‘Contrast Codification Tool’ (the template for a word model). The model is to present the core 20 percent of what is different between the organization’s old and new mental maps.
- Attach your completed tool to your discussion posting. The tool is not included in the word count requirement.
- Within the discussion posting, briefly explain how you would create an inescapable confrontation experience (Black, 2014) in order to share your “Contrast Codification Tool” and message.
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) Black, J. S. (2014). It starts with one: Changing individuals changes organizations (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education., and (b) http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4081386.html
Example: IKEA failed to see the need for changing from the use of metrics in its furniture dimensions when bringing the company to the United States. Mattress and bed sales were terrible and the sheets sold did not fit standard U.S. bedding.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Example: IKEA knew that the U.S. market used a different form of measure. The company thought the U.S. consumers eventually would come around. After all, their products sold everywhere else around the world and if the product is good, what matter is the dimension? Based on this scenario, the cause came from the company, not externally, because they disregarded the market and consumer.