Introduction (250-300 words) You will research and find an example of a firm that is going through the transformational change of offshoring much of its production activities. The first part of the plan will be the Introduction. Context for the introduction includes the following:
- What is offshoring?
- How were the stakeholders affected?
- What initiated the change?
- How well has it been received or accepted, and why?
What is driving the need for this transformational change? (300-500 words)
- Why is this considered a transformational change?
- Why can the firm not just keep doing what it has been doing?
- What is management’s role in the transformational change?
- Are there easier alternatives to accomplish the goal of remaining competitive?
Communication Plan (100-150 words):
What stakeholders require communication?
What will be communicated to them?
Who will send the communication?
What communication medium will be used?
Discuss at least 3 theories of change management (eg. Kotter, Lewin, Nadler, action research, and appreciative inquiry).
Include specific pros and cons of each.
What is the best way to ensure the implementation of an organizational change?
Implementation Plan (400-600 words)
Include the following context in the implementation plan:
- Major implementation steps
- Key criteria for success
- Summary of Weeks 1-5
- Rollout: Any risk considerations to the implementation