- Written communication: Please write in paragraph format. Do not quote materials. Rather, use your own words so that I may assess comprehension.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Submit as a .doc, .docx, .rtf or pdf document
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
The Supreme Court consists of the Chief Justice of the United States and such number of associate justices as may be fixed by Congress. The number of associate justices is currently fixed at eight. Power to nominate the Justices is vested in the president of the United States, and appointments are made with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Constitution further provides that “the Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office” (U.S. Const., art. III, § 1).
For this assignment, visit the official Web site of the Supreme Court of the United States (www.supremecourt.gov). Do not use Wikipedia.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose one recent court decision from the past five years, and complete the following:
- Summarize the case and the final decision in 1–3 paragraphs.
- Discuss whether you think the current Supreme Court is conservative, liberal, or balanced now. Use current Supreme Court decisions to argue your position. Positions must be supported with outside articles, current decisions, past decisions, and/or the text.